Monday, March 12, 2012

My Favorite False Lash

Great eyelashes are not only glamorous but can eliminate the need for shadow and liner. Unfortunately for me and woman all over the world, the genepool did not bless me with great lashes. So over the years, I've discovered ways the bring out the best of my lashes. Lash enhances are often expenssive with no quaranteed results and contain harmful chemicals that can even change the color of your eyes! Although I am searching for a eye friendly one, for right now the quickest way to get fuller and longer lashes are a good lash curler, mascara (and applying it correctly) and false lashes. I don't like buying the same mascara twice because its too much fun trying new ones. I've had great results with mascaras from Walmart, Khols, Department Stores and everything in between. The biggest mistake I've made with my lashes is over curling them. It makes the mascara go on worse and looks unflattering and un-natural. The best thing to do if you have stubby lashes like me, is to curl only once at the lash line and then a second time in the middle of lashes. That way your stubby lashes don't just stick straight up after curling them at the lash line. Although many girls think that thick clumpy mascara makes more of a statement and makes your lashes appear more, if you lashes stick together it gives the illusion of LESS lashes! So you want to first define them and then add a layer of to thicken and darken them. Use a more defining mascara and wiggle it from side to side before brushing it out and through lashes. If you still have trouble with them sticking together, take a lash comb and comb through them. This is a list of some of the mascara's I've tried over the years and loved. Now remember I have short, stubby, blonde lashes with absolutely no natural curl.

FLIRT! FAR OUT Lengthening Mascara, $13.50



The first couple times you use it, it will be kinda thick and clumpy but after that it's PERFECT. Very lengthening, dark and defining. And it comes in a black, brown, navy and plum.

Estee Lauder Projectionist High Definition Volume Mascara, $21



This was the first high end mascara I tried and I remember realizing how different it was compared to all the other drugstore brands I've only used in the past. I loved it and was instantly hooked. I also remember getting compliments on how long my lashes looked.

Covergirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara



It's designed to make your specific eye color brighter with with tint and light-reflecting metallics, but for me it was just more of a glitter mascara. But I loved that about it! It was the only non-black mascara that made my lashes look the way I loved. It never clumped and really defined my lashes. Hard to explain, just very beautiful-give it a try!

I've tried quite a few. My biggest problem with them? Either they're too long or they look to fan-like and semetricle and it looks a little too un-natural. That's the one thing I look for in a false lash, will it look natural?






Katy Perry Sweetie Pie Lashes. A danty, natural hair lash that will discreetly add length and volume to your own lashes. A stunning and wearable new lash collection from Katy Perry and Eylure. All Katy Perry lashes by Eylure are handmade, 100% natural and each style is reusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment