Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Beauty Favorites Right Now

In other words products in my possesion I will most likely be re-purchasing and why. I do the work so you don't have to. Take it from me, reviews are the best way to ensure the product you buy will work for you. What are your favorites right now?


OPI Nail Lacquer in Lincoln Park After Dark



It's part of The Chicago Collection described as where midnight meets purple. Now a cult favorite, I discovered it back in '05 when it was first released while it was still my little best kept secret! Don't believe the hype? Try it out at a salon before you splurge because pictures do NOT do it justice. I like to layer mine over two coats of pure white polish to make it's barely-there purple pop!

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat



Now I just graduated beauty school and believe me when I say that EVERY single one of my instructors told me that there is no better top coat on the market today other than Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. I was skeptical so I put it to a test over fresh polish before flying out to my sisters graduation in San Diego for a week. Since I'm always doing clients nails in school and removing old polish, it's hard to do so without removing my own! Very subtle chips (the kind a gal can live with) and it dries much faster than expected. I wouldn't even really call them chips, the polish looks like it fades around the edges so you wouldn't even be able to tell unless you were taking a close look. The only downfall is it takes a while to get use to how fast the drying is, ha! Almost no hand restrictions immediately after applying this! You can find it in salons retailing for $10, but I've spotted it half-off at Walgreens and only a little more at Sally's Beauty Supply!

MAC Pigment in Tan



A highly concentrated loose pigment eye color described as muted pinky brown bronze, it's a universally flattering shade with a fresh shimmery look. It can be used to create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. And as always MAC glides on effortlessly, adhere's to the skin, does not cake and is easy to blend.

MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold



A sticky, long lasting gloss of light neutral gold that shines the lips with hi-shine overlaid with various tones of pearlized glaze. The perfect nude gloss to wear on bare lips alone or paired with your favorite nude lipstick, pencil, stain or other glosses.

MAC Liquidlast Liner in Point Black



MAC like to describe this liner as 'A rich colour liquid eye liner that combines long-lasting wear with a non-smudge, non-flake precision line. Goes on effortlessly. Applies with its own brush to draw a perfectly defined line.' But I could sell more of these liner's with my description! This is probably my favorite beauty product of all time, I would cry if it was ever discontinued. This eyeliner gave me hope, I have special eyes and didn't think I would ever be able to fully achieve the eyeliner look I wanted...until I tried this. If you accidently rub your eyes throughout the day, this eyeliner is for you. If you swim, sweat, or have oily skin and eyelids, this eyeliner is for you. If you want the DARKEST black eyeliner on the market today using only one product, this eyeliner is for you. If you travel a lot or just like to bring your eyeliner with you on the go, this eyeliner is for you. If you want an affordable, long lasting experation wise eyeliner, this eyeliner is for you. If you think liquid eyeliner is harder to apply and takes longer to try, think again because this eyeliner is for you! I'll never forget my early years in High School when I had the OILIEST skin. I remember one day specifically I had just got done applying my eyeliner in the mirror, I looked away and not even 10 minutes later it was gone. My skin was so oily, my eyeliner melted off. I immediately began my search for a heavy duty eyeliner, I tried the fluid line first which worked awesome too but wasn't as dark as I wanted. The lady at my local Cosmetic's Company Outlet sold this to me saying 'it's like cement'. I was skeptical because I've never been fond of the idea of a liquid eye liner, but this one is exceptionally easy to apply! And it dries a whole hell of a lot faster than other brands of liquid I've tried! It's heavy duty-won't budge an inch, small/travel friendly-fits right in your pocket, excedes it's expiration date, affordable, dries fast and truly the darkest out there! The only con is that mistakes are sometimes harder to fix because of it's durability.

Tarte Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder with PM20™



A colorless, mattifying, pore minimizing, and replenishing Amazonian clay finishing powder that is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of pores by 20% after 4 weeks. This skin-saving powder can even be used alone as a treatment to reap all the benefits of Amazonian clay. Amazonian clay: Removes surface oil to mattify skin, Hydrates dry skin, Nourishes all skin types, Gives skin an overall smooth and even appearance, Reduces the appearance of dryness, Reduces the appearance of flakiness, Improves the appearance of skin clarity, Improves the appearance of skin texture. It's formulated WITHOUT: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Petrochemicals or Phthalates.

NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight



Serious shine and sexy color in sheer, semi-sheer and creamy formulas. Extremely wearable and versatile shades may be worn alone or over other lip formulas for added dimension. Ultra-smooth, non-sticky, comfortable wear is enriched with Vitamin E to help lips feel supple and hydrated. Blending Turkish Delight over your favorite lipliner or lipstick results in creamy texture and beautiful shine. Turkish Delight was named "Best Lip Gloss for Fair Skin" and "Best Lip Gloss for Olive Skin" in 2011 by InStyle Magazine's "Best Beauty Buys".

Andrea Modlash Accents in 301 BLACK



The perfect easy-to-find, easy-to-apply and easy-on-the-wallet drugstore lashes for BOTH your top and bottom lash line for a natural look-and that's why I love them!

Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Geisha



A dynamic eye pencil that glides-on and stays put. Creamy, yet deliver's powerful, vibrant color that slides on smooth and stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries to a long-lasting finish that won't budge. Geisha is a beautiful, vibrant shade of purple that's perfectly creamy for the bottom lash line.

Essie in Bordeaux



It's a deep red wine shade. This is the most stunning shade of red I've come across, for sure a favorite!

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2



A dual-tone concealer that completely camouflages dark circles, minor imperfections, and discolorations. This versatile concealer contains a unique two-shade system: one to match the skin's depth of color and one to match the skin's undertone, making it possible for every woman to custom-blend her own perfect shade. The high level of pigment requires very little product to achieve perfect coverage. This concealer makes imperfections look flat and covers blemishes unline any other concealer I've tried.

EcoTools Brushes



EcoTools is a brand from Paris Presents Incorporated and a leader in eco-conscious beauty products, most notably known for its incredibly soft cosmetic brushes. Word on the street is, softer than MAC's and cheaper! EcoTools products feature innovative, earth-friendly materials and give back, 1% of EcoTools annual sales is donated to 1% For The Planet®, an alliance of businesses committed to leveraging their resources to create a healthier planet.

Vanity Mark Brow Glaze



Real hold and a small, straight no-nonsense brush that doesn’t dispense too much product and gives great control. Shine, light reflection, and really workable pigments. A lot of blondes and redheads have paler hairs in their brows and this glaze really helps even out a brow.

Biosilk Silk Therapy



This gel is great for damp hair before blow-drying or brushed through and left to air dry. Sometimes I even use this when my hair is dry to give it shine and prevent static. It smells delicious, protects my hair from damage and mends split ends.

Covergirl Wetslicks Gloss in Watermelon Splash, Strawberry Splash, Raspberry Splash, Guava Splash and Lemon Splash






Basic, affordable, everyday glosses that look, taste, smell and add amazing shine over other lip colors or alone for a sheer wash of color.

Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain in Flamenco



A long-wearing natural lip and cheek stain packaged in a portable pen. It's versatile formula has a blend of hyaluronic acid and sugar extracts to smooth and plump lips for a truly sexy pout. It's formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs and triclosan.

OPI Nail Lacquer in Not Like The Movies



Purr by Katy Perry



A very feminine scent with notes of apple-peach, green bamboo, jasmine, freesia, bulgarian rose, vanilla orchid, white amber, sandalwood and musk.

Dove Deodorant



I'm a Dove girl and I'll always be a Dove girl. Silky smooth, deliciously scented, odor-blocking and non-irritating.

DUO Eyelash Adhesive



This glue is the best! Makes falsies a lot easier! Dries dark and shiny, keeps lashes in place without overkill or being too flimsy.

Tweezerman Slanted Tweezer's



Best tweezer's for maximum precision.

No comments:

Post a Comment